Manuka Essential Oil
It is obtained by hydrodistillation of fresh leaves without the use of chemicals. Botanists define it as olfactory pleasantly warm, a bit earthy, spicy and herbaceous. Manuka essential oil contains active ingredients that exhibit antimicrobial capacity, especially against sometypes of microorganisms able to trigger inflammation of the respiratory tract and lungs.
The Italian Ministry of Health, with Ministerial Decree 09 July 2012, has certified that the essential oil obtained from Manuka (Leptospermum) is able to promote the functionality of the upper respiratory tract and the fluidity of bronchial secretions and it a balsamic effect.
It is very important to know that only in the East Cape area is produced an essential oil of Manuka antimicrobial with remarkable qualities. It is precisely the method of cultivation and then of steam distillation that allows to maintain high levels of Trichetoni allowing it to name this quality as “East Cape Chemotype Manuka Oil”.
A natural source of MGO
An amazing antibacterial
- Exclusive beneficial properties
- Farmed and harvested in the rural unpolluted pastures of Australia and New Zealand
- Leptospermum, a wild shrub of the Myrtaceae family from which the exclusive Manuka honey is obtained
- For years it has been providing the most efficient production batches directly from the New Zealand Farmer
- ecently concluded the purchase of hives in the Marlborough area
- MGO is the acronym of the word MethylGlyOxal
- The Manuka Benefit ® Line uses certified Manuka honey and offers pure honey: Manuka Honey 270+ MGO contains a minimum of 270 mg / kg of food methylglyoxal and the Manuka Honey 550+ MGO contains a minimum of 550 mg / kg of food methylglyoxal
- All the products of the Manuka Benefit® Line are made with the utmost attention to the quality of the ingredients and to the production processes. The production facilities operate under the strict GMP quality regime, and have been inspected and controlled by independent third parties. Each production process is monitored and documented with complete traceability
- MORE ATTENTION TO PEOPLE The Food supplements of Manuka Benefit line by Optima Naturals are GLUTEN-FREE and LACTOSE-FREE certified. A complete line that meets the needs of people with celiac disease and allergy or who are intolerant to lactose or gluten
Il miele di Manuka
In recent years Manuka Honey has been studied and has been used for its healing properties*. It has exclusive therapeutic characteristics and it’s produced in rural areas of Australia and New Zealand, still immune to pollution.
Manuka Honey from the Manuka Benefit® Line is made from the Leptospermum shrub that grows wild from the south coast in New South Wales to Cape York north of Queensland. This type of honey has antimicrobial and e immunostimulant activities, whose therapeutic properties are scientifically supported in the literature*. Manuka Honey in addition to naturally containing sugars, minerals and vitamins, contains a characterizing substance: Methylglyoxal.
MGO is the acronym of the word MethylGlyOxal. The Manuka Benefit ® Line uses certified Manuka honey and offers pure honey: Manuka Honey 270+ MGO contains a minimum of 270 mg / kg of food methylglyoxal and the Manuka Honey 550+ MGO contains a minimum of 550 mg / kg of food methylglyoxal.
Some beneficial properties
- It is a powerful and natural antibacterial, antibiotic, antiviral, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory
- On wounds it creates a healing environment that allows new skin cells to grow flush with the wound, preventing skin deformity and scarring
- Quickly clears infections and destroys bacteria
- Accelerate the healing process
- It can heal from staphylococcus and destroy infections due to antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria
- The viscosity of Manuka Honey provides a protective barrier to prevent wound infection
- Stimulates the growth of tissues involved in the healing process
- It has an anti-inflammatory action that relieves pain